Beat the Heat at Walt Disney World
By Melissa Weis
It’s no secret that it’s HOT in Walt Disney World! Having visited many times during the summer season, I have found ways to beat the heat!
• Go the parks early or late. Extra Magic Hours allow guests staying at a Disney resort to enter earlier or stay later than the general public.
• Enjoy indoor air-conditioned rides and attractions.
• Take a mid-day break. Go back to your resort to swim or relax in your air-conditioned room. Plan a Table Service meal reservation. Dine with characters or not – the choice is yours, and there are many, many choices!
• Hydrate!! Drink water, drink water, drink water! You can take water bottles with you into the parks!
• Enjoy the water features at the parks. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom all have either splash pads or water rides.
• Want more water rides? Head on over to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach water parks! Purchase a day pass or upgrade your park ticket for more admissions and more value.
• Go shopping! Either in the parks, the resorts, or at Disney Springs, take advantage of the many shopping opportunities throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
No need to lug your purchases around with you – arrange for package pickup at the front of the park, or have your purchases sent to your Disney resort!
No matter how you choose to beat the heat, know that you can have a magical vacation even during the hottest parts of the year.