Why Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort?
By Melissa Weis
• Access to Extra Magic Hours! Select theme parks open early or stay open later just for guests of Disney resorts, so you get more time to enjoy the rides and attractions with lower crowds than during regular park hours.
• Free Transportation! Let Disney do the driving (or sailing, or, well, monorailing) as you relax and enjoy the sights, or take a snooze, on your way to and from the theme parks or Disney Springs from your resort. This makes it easy to take a mid-day break and go back to your resort faster than if you drove.
• More Free Transportation! Are you flying? Round-trip transportation on a luxury motorcoach is complimentary with your resort stay when you fly in and out of Orlando International Airport. No need to rent a car! Disney’s Magical Express is the way to start your vacation, and get you back to the airport so you can start planning your next trip, which leads me to....
• Bounceback Offers! Special discount offers for guests of Disney resorts are available for select dates but must be booked while on vacation (your travel agent can book this for you while you enjoy your vacation)! These offers are usually found in the documents in your resort room.
• First choice of Fastpasses! A fabulous perk is being able to select Fastpasses before those folks staying off property – 60 days in advance!
• Dining Plan! Looking for that all-inclusive feel? Want to add to your vacation mood by not having to worry about costs of food? Purchasing a Dining Plan is a benefit to staying on-property.
These are just a few of the benefits of staying on-property at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel. Others include free package delivery to your resort and magical extras such coupons, mini golf admission, complimentary MagicBands, charging priveleges, and ability to make dining reservations 180 days in advance for your whole trip. The next decision is where to stay? With over 25 Disney resorts, choosing one can be overwhelming – don’t worry, I can help!
Escape this Fall to Epcot’s International Food&Wine Festival! By Melissa Weis
After much deliberation, my husband and I decided that it was time to take a mini vacation sans kids - the first time we’ve been away since our oldest was born over a decade ago. With reliable childcare secured, we started planning our escape, a 2-night fall getaway to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, with park tickets to experience for the first time Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival!
You have heard of Destination Weddings right? Folks decide to pick a beautiful vacation spot to exchange vows and invite their family and friends to witness the celebration. And celebration it is with everyone in vacation mode. Think St. Croix, Jamaica, Hawaii, Jackson Wyoming and even our very own Jersey Shore.